Three churches representing different denominations in May 2009, met together to collaborate on how to address the growing epidemic of unemployment. Immanuel’s Church, The People‘s Community Baptist Church and The Lutheran Church of St. Andrew agreed to form a partnership resulting in the formation of People–4–People.
Today the partnership has grown to eight churches who share the vision to equip individuals within the community by providing access to resources for a better life. People–4–People assist individuals with identifying career opportunities and job training, professional development training, one-on-one career and spiritual counseling, in the search for employment or entrepreneurial pursuits.
Awarded best in Silver Spring for professional services, People–4–People Employment Assistance Program continues to support individuals and the greater community with excellence. God has given us the vision to invite churches and ecumenical organizations throughout the Washington, DC metropolitan region to be a part of this program.
Calvary Pentecostal Ministries, Inc. • Immanuel’s Church • Mount Jezreel Baptist Church • Redeemer Lutheran Church • Resurrection Baptist Church • Saint Paul Catholic Church • The Lutheran Church of St. Andrew • The People’s Community Baptist Church
In May of 2009, Immanuel’s Church, The People’s Community Baptist Church and The Lutheran Church of St. Andrew met to discuss ways in which the three churches could collaborate. Out of the many discussions, the Administrators recognized that unemployment among church members and the community was at an all time high and discussed ways in which they could assist job seekers. A partnership was formed at that meeting, and the three agreed to develop an initiative to address the problem by providing career training and other resources to those seeking employment.
Thus, the People-4-People (P-4-P) Employment Assistance Program was established to assist individuals with identifying career opportunities and job training, professional development training, one-on-one career and spiritual counseling, in the search for employment or entrepreneurial pursuits. God has given us the vision to invite churches and ecumenical organizations throughout the Washington, DC metropolitan region to be a part of the Program.
The vision was to establish an Employment Assistance Program at each Partner’s respective church location, making available information about area-wide P-4-P programs and activities. Within the churches, the P-4-P Employment Assistance Program will be the conduit that is responsible for employment training and dissemination of other resources that assist unemployed individuals or those seeking employment opportunities. In 2009, Redeemer Lutheran Chruch, Saint Paul Catholic Church, Mount Jezreel Baptist Church, and Resurrection Baptist Church joined the consortium. In 2014, Calvary Pentecostal Church joined, and today we are a consortium of eight churches from different denominations.
Our vision is to be a ministry that lives out the great commands and commission of God locally, regionally, and nationally. This will be manifested to those around us, primarily by our creative and inspiring training and professional workforce development programs. In addition, we will be a ministry that operates in connection with other churches, ecumenical organizations, community leaders, and the public and private sectors.
The Program’s mission is to provide one-on-one career and spiritual counseling, professional career development workshops, access to job opportunities, direct job training, etc., to the unemployed, underemployed and low skilled workers to equip them in developing and enhancing job searches and career skills. We build a climate of love, grace and peace while providing high quality training and other career opportunities.
People-4-People core values are our belief system and driving force of who we are and what we stand for.
- We value creativity; therefore we will encourage experimentation and flexibility within the limits of biblical principles.
- We value relationships; therefore we will constantly keep focus on persons and will work to enhance the building of solid relationship within the ministry establishing connection points in the community to share the message of God’s love to the people.
- We value integrity; therefore we will seek to be above reproach in all our dealings as the people of God inside and outside the church.
- We value service; therefore we will use the resources at our disposal to provide compassionate service to those in need.
- We value involvement; therefore we will encourage and provide opportunity for all churches to be involved in this ministry based on giftedness, interest, and availability and in the community as an expression of our Christian citizenship.
- We value growth; therefore we will resource opportunities for all people to grow in faith, knowledge and character.
- We value individual respect; therefore we will treat all individuals with respect and dignity
- We value teamwork; therefore we will utilize the collaborative efforts of participants, volunteers, and allied churches for the good of the sport.
- We value excellence; therefore we will continually strive for achieving the highest professional standards and performance.
- We value commitment; therefore we will be personally dedicated to the success of the ministry.